- Login to your Trader's Room and select from the main menu the „Dashboard“ view.
- Find your live account.
- On the right side of your live account, click on the three dots and choose the option „Account Statement“.
- A new pop up window opens with the date selector for your account's statement. Choose here the „from“ and „to“ dates. Input the desired dates, for example from 1st of January to 31st of December of the previous year for tax purposes and click „Send request“ to confirm your selection.
- You will now receive the account statement conveniently to your mail inbox.
How to export your trading statement from the MetaTrader platform:
First: go to the Toolbox (for MetaTrader 5) or Terminal (for MetaTrader 4) window in the lower part of the screen - or activate it from the main menu: View – Toolbox/Terminal (fast access via CTRL+T) and select the „History“ tab.
Now you need to select the desired date range and export your report.
- Right-click anywhere on the history list and select the option „Custom Period"
- Input the desired dates from 1st of January to 31st of December of the previous year for tax purposes and click OK to confirm your selection.
- Again, right-click anywhere on the history list and select the option „Report“. Here you have the option to export your trading history in html format (default) for MetaTrader 4 and 5. Additionally, in MT5 you have the option to export your history in xml format.
- After selecting your report format, a new window opens. Here you can specify the file name and the file destination on your computer where you want your report to be saved to. Click Save when ready.
- Open your saved report. On the bottom of the report you will find your account's report summary that shows the overall profit amount of the selected data range (last year as input earlier). The net profit is the amount that can be provided for tax purposes as a capital gain declaration from the selected trading account.